Happy Saturday, dear readers! I hope the first full week of 2021 has been kind to you.
Today’s prompt from Five Minutes in the Morning is a delightful one, and is one of my favorites so far, probably because it combines alphabetizing and clearing the mind for the day ahead.
Think of a noun for every letter of the alphabet. You can also use cities or foods. I chose cities because I’m fairly certain I wouldn’t have made it past N without running out and getting some nacho fries from Taco Bell.
What else could you list alphabetically? Books? Bands? Parts of the body? Ice cream flavors? There are no wrong answers here! Just list things for five minutes, or until you run out of letters.
Thanks for stopping by on your way to enjoying the weekend, dear readers. I appreciate you.
- Kensington (all right, not a city, but a Philly neighborhood, and I’m counting it!)
- Oklahoma City
- Penn Hills (all right, this is a township – still counts!)
- Quebec City
- State College (okay, okay, this is a municipality so maybe you can split hairs about it)
- Xeter (yeah, I definitely cheated here and misspelled Exeter, but I couldn’t think up any cities that star with X)
- Zootopia (this is a bustling metropolis with its own DMV so I don’t want to hear about it, especially if you live in Zanzibar City)