I cannot stress enough how important it is for writers to actually spend time EVERY day writing. Journaling is an easy way to do this. Set a timer and just write about whatever is on your mind!
I journal as soon as I wake up. First, I recount any dreams I can recall. Then, I list ten things I’m grateful for and set my intentions for the day. If I journal later, it’s usually to work out my anxieties, but sometimes I copy down something from lectures or books I’m listening to/reading. Sometimes I write down books or movies I want to check out. Sometimes poetry and haiku move through me.
Every Sunday, I reread my entries from the previous week. These are the nuggets of wisdom  from the week of August 9 – August 15.
- Missing, but that’s an identity I no longer have. Everything I’m looking for is already inside me. I believe that, I experienced it, & in this moment, because Bart has me in my head, I’ve forgotten. [Bart is the name we decided to give my brain. When Bart – short for Bartholomew, but never Barty – moves through me, he presses lightly on the pen and rights small]
- The ungrateful identity is one I no longer need.
- Me: Bart, what do you need?
Bart: Nothing, I just don’t want to change but…I think you’re putting words in my mouth.
M: I think I’m tired & ate shitty food today & that has affected me.
- So today was an off day [which I talk about in the video below]. Oh well. Tomorrow will be different & I am so happy & thankful I know it is so. [I introduced feelings of gratitude for the things I want in my life, acting as if they are already here – because they are, I’m just currently out of vibrational alignment with them] I am so happy & thankful now that I have a car. I am so happy & grateful I have a place of my own. I am so happy & grateful that I have mastered my mind. I am so happy & grateful that my astrology takes off some of my internal pressure. I am so happy & grateful I have friends who understand my need for reclusivity. I am so happy & grateful I have a roof over my head. I am so happy & grateful I am Ross. I am so happy & grateful that one day I will die. Because then I get to do this all over again.
- [I had another chat with Bart]
Me: Bart, how are you?
Bart: I don’t know why I am the way I am. I am sorry about yesterday. I know I need to change.
M: Change doesn’t have to be hard.
B: I know. I’m obstinate. It’s inherited, but I can choose to not be that. I just don’t want to give up control, but I know that’s inherited too, & I can give up control. It was beautiful when I did & saw the awareness.
M: Right? What did that feel like to you?
B: It was amazing. I felt like I didn’t need to hold on to anything, that I didn’t need to control anything because there was nothing to control.
M: Remember that Bart – there is nothing to control. There is nothing to label, there is nothing to control
B: I wish we could have had this talk yesterday.
M: Me too, but off-days provide contrast. There was a lesson there.
B: Was that the lesson, the contrast?
M: That was, & if there was more it will be revealed to us in time.
B: Maybe we’re having so many off days because we are trying harder than ever to change.
M: That makes sense.
B: I don’t like the off days.
M: Me either.
B: I will stop actively making them happen.
M: Thank you Bart. I’ll try to remember to talk to you more.
B: I don’t know if that’s necessary, it might just keep me around more & I know you want to separate.
M: I want to separate from the weak, negative, low-vibe parts. I think you want to too.
B: I do, but they’re so strong, but that’s just a thought pattern I need to change. I set the intention to change it now.
M: Thank you Bart. Let’s have a kick-ass day.
[I find that when Bart decides to set an intention it can be a very powerful thing. This felt like a powerful conversation, and it was a conversation. It wasn’t one of us yelling at each other, it was two voices having a dialogue.]
- [I started the day with another conversation with Bart]
Me: What’s up, Bart?
Bart: I’m ready to be the best I can be. I’m ready to serve you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to get to this point, but as I’m sure you know, we can never act beyond the level of consciousness that we are @.
M: You are absolutely correct Bart.
- [my gratitude list for the day]
2. Public transpo
3. A much better day
4. The energy & excitement I feel bristling in me today
5. A mind that is ready to manifest the life of my dreams
6. Enough money to do everything I wanted yesterday
9. Knowing every moment is a chance to realign with the Source inside
10. ‘Weird’ friends
- I MANIFESTED MY FIRST CLIENT! I AM SO HAPPY & GRATEFUL! THANK YOU UNIVERSE! THANK YOU ORIGINAL THOUGHT! THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU SOURCE! THANK YOU HIGHER SELF! THANK YOU BART FOR WORKING WITH ME TO BECOME THE KIND OF PERSON WHO CAN OFFER HELP TO OTHERS. I AM SO HAPPY & GRATEFUL FOR THIS. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
- If I believe everyone is me having a different experience @ a different level of consciousness, then I know that the clarity I have is something anyone can have.
[If you’re interested in working with me to become more mindful, let me know!]
- Half & half on getting up or going back to sleep. May nap later. I think I’m awake. We’ll see. I like having all the hours. Maybe I should consider shifting my schedule to later in the day. I don’t have to figure everything out right now. And I like knowing that. I like knowing I have options. I just don’t want to be so overwhelmed with options that I end up not choosing. I know there is no wrong decision & whatever decision I make will be the right one for that time. I am so happy & thankful I know that, & I am so happy & thankful for another day to be alive in.
- Grey day – have felt misaligned since I woke up. Perhaps it’s the impeding storm. Perhaps awakening my intuition & allowing it to move thru me means I’ll be more sensitive to the weather. Thinking of mom saying I’m so sensitive, being lead to believe that’s a bad thing, her undermining me. It’s not her fault. It is how she was raised. I’m sorry mom. Please forgive me mom. Thank you mom. I love you mom. [I always like to use ho’oponopono when unpleasant thoughts arise toward another] I wish you peace. I wish you happiness. I wish you to be filled with lovingkindness.
[I talk more about intuition in the video below]
Once again, I had so many more dreams this week. I’m going to a dream interpretation workshop at the end of the month, so I’m excited to see what I can learn from them!
Happy Tuesday, dear reader. Make sure you’re registered to vote.