I cannot stress enough how important it is for writers to actually spend time EVERY day writing. Journaling is an easy way to do this. Set a timer and just write about whatever is on your mind!
I journal as soon as I wake up. First, I recount any dreams I can recall. Then, I list ten things I’m grateful for and set my intentions for the day. If I journal later, it’s usually to work out my anxieties, but sometimes I copy down something from lectures or books I’m listening to/reading. Sometimes I write down books or movies I want to check out. Sometimes poetry and haiku move through me.
Every Sunday, I reread my entries from the previous week. These are the nuggets of wisdom  from the week of July 26 – August 1.
- Mental satisfaction will never make the soul happy – there is nothing to get because everything already is.
- [I had a lot of conversations with my brain this week. We decided his name is Bartholomew, or Bart for short – but never Barty. When Bart moves through me, my handwriting is small and light]
ME: Bart, let’s have a good day.
BART: I want to overthink.
M: Is that helpful?
M: What do you get out of overthinking?
B: Nothing. Worry pretends to be important but it’s negative, & I know you’ve declared to the Universe that negative thoughts are weak. I guess I feel weak because I have so many negative thoughts.
M: Hear me now, Bart. You are NOT weak just because you have negative thoughts. If it helps, don’t worry about the labels.
B: It’s kinda what I do.
M: Bart, allow me to label thoughts this week. If it doesn’t work, we can let you take over.
B: I know this all just happened in half a blink, but I wanted to write I was worried – but I didn’t even get to what I was worried about because I know worry is negative & unnecessary.
M: Bart, I’ll never forget you, but I do want to forget all this attachment to overthinking. Attachment keeps us from being our best.
B: I like our identities. But I know that’s the ego.
M: What can we do if you feel like I’m not properly classifying the thoughts?
B: I’m scared to say this, but that probably means I should say it…ask Heart.
M: Heart, what do you think of that?
[when my Heart speaks through my writing it’s in cursive with my nondominant hand]
Heart: I think it’s time for bed, but okay. You can ask me when Bart feels like a thought isn’t properly classified. I don’t think we need to worry about classification.
M: Me either, Heart, but baby steps.
H: Yes, baby steps.
M: All right. Thank you Heart, anything else?
H: I love you, but you already knew that – it’s kinda my thing.
M: Yes, I love you too Heart. Bart, anything else?
B: I’m worried, but I’m not going to make that your problem. I’m switching off. Sleep well & rise refreshed. I love you, & I am desiring of the belief that I trust you.
M: I love you too, Bart. May we detach from the outcome. What is the outcome?
B: Jesus, I don’t think I even have one. I am desiring of the belief & the feeling that I can detach.
M: Thank you Bart. Goodnight to you both.
H: Good night.
[not much on this day except a lot of dreams, and those are really only relevant to me so I won’t bore you with them here, but this is my list of intentions for the day. As I’ve mentioned, setting intentions the night before shapes the kind of day you have. Feel free to borrow these.]
I set the intention to feel & believe that everyone is me having a different experience @ a different level of consciousness.
I set the intention to be mindful of overload.
I set the intention to be open to love.
I set the intention to FEEL open to love.
I set the intention to feel that I can change my reality.
I set the intention to feel that everything already is.
- With each step you create your horizon.
- [this was the day I began chronicling my experience with clairalience, which is similar to clairvoyance but instead of seeing things that aren’t there you smell things that aren’t there. In this instance, I smelled something that I associate with my grandma, who’s been dead for about a decade.]
- [That night, I decided to try to talk to my grandma via journaling. It didnt really work, but it brought up a lot of pleasant memoriesand in that way she did visit me.]
Grandma, what were you trying to tell me today? I smelled you again. I remember spending the night there. I remember the time we were all @ your house & dad & I walked to Pizza Hut down some long steps & we stopped on the way back to have a slice & we wiped our hands with big leaves. I remember spending the night there & how we would watch Baywatch & Murder, She Wrote. I remember the big portrait of her cat & how we played cops and robbers with all her throw pillows. We’d watch the old Adam West Batman on TV Land, & she’d remark that whenever I watched Full House I never laughed. & she wanted to know if The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest were named so because the old ones were false. She loved baseball & always felt a dilemma when the Braves played the Pirates. She encouraged my creativity & fed me a lot of Jimmy Dean sausages. She made me trim her toenails & I only vaguely remember cleaning out her house after she was moved into a nursing home. I don’t remember her being upset when my uncle died, & she always thought my dad would wake up one day & be back to the way he was before his accident. Clairalience is associated with the throat chakra. I remember thinking she had a hole in her throat, but it was just the way the lose skin hung around her neck. She had dozens of Reader’s Digest books & a little statue of Santa praying to baby Jesus that I remember upset my mom. She drank a lot of coffee & drank caffeine-free Pepsi. She called me a “smart cookie,” a “gentleman & a scholar,” & if I was bad she’d threaten to give me 20 lashes with a wet noodle. I think she was my favorite family member before my brother was born. I’m so happy & thankful that’s she’s visiting me now. Thank you Grandma. I’m sorry Grandma. Please forgive me Grandma. I love you.
[It’s never a bad idea to add a little ho’oponopono to your interactions with your spirit guides.]
- Holding on to an idea too tightly will suffocate it.
- [I’d been working on manifesting a penny, and today I did, and I talk more about it here:]
- Consciousness only ever expands. The I am is beyond experiences. All painful thoughts & feelings are only appearing on behalf of a memory – an illusion. A mere idea of who you think you are. I am = God is. Self-realization is the collapsing of projection. Once the world is recognized as your own self there is nothing left to project onto it. [these came from a new series of Aaron Abke videos.]
- I am not my past traumas. I don’t need to carry those with me in to the future. May I leave my traumas here.
- [I don’t like reporting on my dreams unless there’s something I think can apply to everyone, but I had a dream that I was outside and Hugh Jackman was there. He said, “You’ll never find a good excuse not to have fun.” Unsure if he had his Wolverine claws.]
- THAT’S ENOUGH! I SET THE INTENTION TO BE DESIRING OF THE BELIEF THAT I AM GRATEFUL & CAN SHOW GRATITUDE. NOW THAT I’VE MADE UP MY MIND TO SET THE INTENTION TO BE DESIRING OF THE BELIEF THAT I AM GRATEFUL & CAN SHOW GRATITUDE I’M NOT GOING TO DEBATE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I’VE MADE UP MY MIND TO BE DESIRING OF THE BELIEF THAT I AM GRATEFUL & CAN EXPRESS GRATITUDE BECAUSE I AM THE KIND OF PERSON WHO EXPRESSES GRATITUDE & IS GRATEFUL.
- Why does it seem true that I’m not able to express gratitude? Being told @ some point it wasn’t good enough. Maybe. I know that denying myself from expressing gratitude is denying the Universe both a chance to give me everything it wants to give & the chance to experience itself fully. If i am grateful the Universe will give back gratitude.
- I am so happy & thankful for knowing I am going to die one day. I am so happy & thankful I believe I’m going to die one day. May my old identities die today. May everything not serving me die today.
- I am so happy & thankful I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious & happy. [Charles Haanel’s affirmation] Gracias dios.
- [Woke feeling fine, but as the day wore on, I felt weary. I went for a walk in the woods and had some thoughts and conversations with my inner selves]
There is nothing to worry about because everything already is. Thinking about what I’ve been thru keeps me in victim mode. I am not my past. I am not my past experiences. All I am is this moment. Feeling sad, but that is an identity & I am not that. Feeling like I don’t pop on camera, but that is a belief & I am not that. If the info I have is good then how I act won’t matter. Maybe I haven’t acknowledged the self that changed because of my accidents. Worrying about being who I should be. I am exactly where I need to be. I am not my worries. Worries pretend to be important but they aren’t. All people have are their own perceptions of me. What most needs to be felt. I don’t feel enough. Why does that seem true? Because I’m not coming across as vibrant on my channel. According to whom? According to me.
Me: Jon, is that you? [Jon Ursic is my inner critic, who writes through me in cursive with my dominant hand]
Jon: Maybe. I thought I only existed where writing was concerned.
M: Me too. Sam, how are you feeling? [Sam is the name of my inner child, and Sam writes through me with my nondominant hand]
Sam: Okay. I think you need to talk with Bart.
M: You’re right. Bart, are you there?
M: Bart, we need to break up.
B: Why would you want to do a thing like that?
M: Because you’re doing more harm than good. I no longer want to attach myself to each thought.
B: If you were braindead you wouldn’t. You’d just be a lump that someone would have to take care of but who would? You’re alone.
M: Bart, I know you’re acting out because you’re afraid. You know I know I am not those identities.
B: But who do you have? Who can you call to talk about this? You’ve walled yourself up. This is too real. No one can handle this.
M: You hear those sirens? That’s a real emergency. You’re just making noise because you’re scared. You are not me, & I am not the thinker of thoughts. You want to be negative & weak & low value today, that’s fine. But I am not that. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am not the digester of food. REMEMBER THIS. REMEMBER I AM. YOU ARE A LION. [The previous night, I’d had a dream with a lion and lioness] You are not the beating of your heart. You are not anything but the I Am presence. Your thoughts aren’t feeling the wind right now. Your stomach isn’t digesting the wind. I am. I am. Bart, you said it before yourself. You don’t exist. You’re just programming. I’m uninstalling. Right-click, uninstall, run as administrator. Do you see how I feel now? Do you honestly think this is helping?
B: No, but I don’t want you to get rid of me.
M: You’re holding us back. There isn’t enough room in this body for both of us. Have your thoughts, but I don’t want them.
B: So you don’t want to think anymore.
M: I only want to have good, positive, powerful, useful thoughts.
B: They’re gonna think you’re crazy if you post this on the blog.
M: Maybe, but that’s their perception of me. That’s an identity they’re putting on me & it’s not who I am
- THAT’S ENOUGH! I SET THE INTENTION TO LET GO OF FEAR. NOW THAT I’VE MADE UP MY MIND TO SET THE INTENTION TO LET GO OF FEAR I’M NOT GOING TO DEBATE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I’VE MADE UP MY MIND TO SET THE INTENTION TO LET GO OF FEAR BECAUSE I’VE SET THE INTENTION TO LET GO OF FEAR
- I am so happy & grateful for my day of discomfort. I know it was a teacher. I am not my mind. I am not Bart. I am sturdy & unshakable, & I am so happy & thankful for it, & for being whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious & happy.
- [my gratitude list for the day]
1. Dreams & remembering them
2. Kindness from friends
3. My walk in the woods
4. A place to live
5. Laundry facilities
7. Riced cauliflower
8. Clean sheets
9. Filtered water
10. A chance to make a difference today
- I am not the thinker of thoughts. I am merely the observer, the witness. I AM NOT MY THOUGHTS. I DO NOT ATTACH. I am grateful. I am grateful. The I Am presence in me is one of gratitude & I am so happy & grateful I know that. May I believe it. May I be eternally grateful.
- [I had my natal chart read this day and I went to another BLM protest. I’m grateful I was able to experience them.]
This week felt like a turning point for me, like my brain was starting to catch up with my desires, but even drafting this I could tell Bart didn’t want this getting out. Nevertheless, I’m excited to see what the future brings.
Have a wonderful week , dear reader. I send you positive energy to carry you through it.